Friday, April 30, 2021

“Just At The Right Time” by Thrillhouse – A Song Feature

 


     Early in the single from Thrillhouse, “Just At The Right Time” reminds us of the reasons we enjoy music from Jack Antonoff’s Bleachers. Then, an upper-frequency, more intricate guitar triggered a switch to Math Rock bands, particularly Maps & Atlases. The single has an energy that is contagious and vocals that reflect determination and appreciation. Our favorite segment of the song begins with the build at 2:52.
 
     Thrillhouse is a trio from Brighton, UK. The members are Alistair Scott (bass, keys), Jackie B. Nielsen (vocals, guitar, keys), and Sam Strawberry (vocals, guitar). When talking about “Just At The Right Time,” Sam said:
  “I wanted to say thanks to someone who’s done a lot for me. I’m no good with words in real life so I just wrote a song about them… I should probably send it to them at some point.”
 
     “Just At The Right Time” by Thrillhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment