Monday, July 20, 2026

Optimism – “Maybe the Best Is Now” by Judah & The Lion

 

     In Rock and Pop histories, there have been numerous songs that advise us to “seize the day.” Bobby McFerrin’s catchy "Don't Worry, Be Happy" encourages listeners to choose happiness over fretting about the past or the future. In 2017, Portugal. The Man released "Live in the Moment," a call to let go of the past and fully appreciate the present. Five years prior, American Authors sang about escaping the reality of a terrible job or other unpleasant situation by deciding this is gonna be the “Best Day of My Life.”
 
     Far rarer are songs that embrace the possibility that we are at the pinnacle of circumstances that lead to our enjoyment of life. The past may glow with nostalgia, and the future may shimmer with promise, yet neither is destined to outshine the wonder of the present. In 2014, Pinkzebra proclaimed "These Are the Best Days." Turning from Pop to Chamber Rock, Cloud Cult released “The Best Time,” which includes the wish “All I want is to be a better man, who could see that this might be the best part of my life.” That 2022 Cloud Cult song is included in this post.
 
     Now, Judah & The Lion share “Maybe The Best Is Now.” The members of the band are Judah Akers (vocals, guitar) and Brian MacDonald (mandolin, vocals). The full lyrics are included below, but our favorite sentiment is, “The lights go up and the curtain goes down // Take it all in and look around // Wow, maybe the best is now.”
 
     Maybe The Best Is Now” by Judah & The Lion

Lyrics of Maybe The Best Is Now” by Judah & The Lion
I wanna rock, I wanna roll
'Til I wake up my soul
The lights go up and the curtain goes down
Take it all in and look around
Maybe the best is
 
Can't go back and change the time
Got no button to press rewind
All sales final, no refund line
Can't look too far up ahead
She read the lines in the palm of my hand
Still can't make sense of what she said
 
So I'm gonna rock, I'm gonna roll
'Til I wake up my soul
The lights go up and the curtain goes down
Take it all in and look around
Wow, maybe the best is now
 
Wow, maybe the best is now
 
What if Heaven is a place not far away
The world is what we choose to create
Maybe the end's just that part
Where we all get to restart
 
So I'm gonna rock, I'm gonna roll
'Til I wake up my soul
The lights go up and the curtain goes down
Take it all in and look around
Wow, maybe the best is now
 
Wow, maybe the best is now
Wow, maybe the best is now
 
What if Heaven is a place not far away
The world is what we choose to create, ah
And maybe the end's just that part
Where we all get to restart
(I'm gonna rock, I'm gonna roll)
('Til I wake up my soul)
 
The lights go up and the curtain goes down
Take it all in and look around
Wow
 
Wow, maybe the best is now
Wow, maybe the best is now
Wow, maybe the best is now
Wow

     The Best Time” from “Metamorphosis” by Cloud Cult

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CloudCultMusic
Website: https://www.cloudcult.com/
Bandcamp: https://cloudcult.bandcamp.com/
 
Lyrics of “Best Time” by Cloud Cult
It’s a perfect day to remind myself to feel
I’m always busy pushing rocks uphill
With a pillowcase over my head
Couldn’t see that this might be the best time of my life
 
I try to cover up my mental health
But the truth is, I’m not well
Round and round, here I go again
Couldn’t see that this might be the best time of my life
 
And I never meant to take you for granted
Habit is the enemy of presence
But the days, they all just started getting blurry on me
 
It’s a perfect day to get out of my head
Probably be okay with where I am
All I want is to be a better man
Who could see that this might be the best part of my life
 
But I got mind that’s putting me through hell
I’m a wooden pony on a carousel
Round and round, here I go again

And I never meant to take you for granted
Habit is the enemy of presence
But the days, they all just started getting blurry on me
 
It’s a perfect day to finally break the spell
Get me off this carousel
I need help to be a better man
I need to beat it cause this might be the best time of my life
I need to see it like this might be the best time of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment