“Us
Two” is a masterful track, with production artistry only matched by
compositional sophistication. The song invites closer examination of its
production techniques, particularly the prominent use of effects throughout the
release from Mind Tides. Yet these effects never obscure or overwhelm the
trio’s musicianship.
The
appealing dreamlike quality of the vocals is often reverb-magnified and wobbled
at the ends of lyrical lines – a sonic tail wag. The vocal presentation itself
is warmly intimate and conversational, as he reveals his feeling for a person he
refers to as “Lady.” Lyrically, “Us Two” describes that mixed-emotions
territory between deep connection and missed opportunity. The song doesn’t
explain why the two can never become an “us two.”
Just
beyond the two-minute mark, the single from Mind Tides pivots to a focus on keys
and intricate percussion. About 30 seconds later, engaging guitar is
introduced. “Us Two” is a genre-bender. The band refers to the song as “a
Funky blend of Surf Rock and Psychedelic Indie.”
Mind
Tides is from Oslo, Norway. The three members are vocalist, guitarist and
songwriter Ali Jakupovic, Spellemann Award-winning producer and
multi-instrumentalist Mathias Risdal, and drummer/percussionist Rashad Safin.
With backgrounds from Bosnia, Norway, and Morocco, and diverse musical roots,
they merge their influences into a distinct sonic identity, as is evident in “Us
Two.” The song is a release from the band’s upcoming album “Inward
Waves.”
“Us
Two” by Mind Tides
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mindtidesband/
Bandcamp: https://mindtides.bandcamp.com/
Bandcamp: https://mindtides.bandcamp.com/
Lyrics of “Us Two” by Mind Tides
Lady
I remember you glowing
I wish, baby
That you would only know that
I would wanna do
Anything for you
You hypnotized me
With your eyes so blue, yeah
It’s true…
Yeah!
Maybe
I’m acting kind of crazy
Because lady
You truly amazed me
Though I wish I knew
Your inner truth
In some other life
It could be us two, yeah
Us two…
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!
Lady
I remember you glowing
I wish, baby
That you would only know that
I would wanna do
Anything for you
You hypnotized me
With your eyes so blue, yeah
It’s true…
Yeah!
Maybe
I’m acting kind of crazy
Because lady
You truly amazed me
Though I wish I knew
Your inner truth
In some other life
It could be us two, yeah
Us two…
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

No comments:
Post a Comment