Saturday, November 25, 2017

"Turn Out The Lights" by Julien Baker – The Video

     Julien Baker releases songs and we keep increasing our attachment to and appreciation for her work. Her second album is even more introspective and reflective than her first. Additionally, our favorite two songs from the second album show the power of her voice. In both “Appointments” and "Turn Out The Lights," the final verse is presented with an anguish and a vocal force that showcase Baker’s talents and reinforce the messages behind her music.

     Baker is in the midst of an extensive tour. One stop will be at The Fillmore in San Francisco on December 12 (for ticket information, CLICK HERE). The remainder of her tour schedule is at the bottom of this post.



Lyrics of "Turn Out The Lights" by Julien Baker
There's a hole in the drywall still not fixed
I just haven't gotten around to it
And besides I'm starting to get used to the gaps

Say you wish you could find some way to help
Don't be so hard on myself
So why is it easy for everyone else?
I'm not always like this
There's always tomorrow, I guess

And I'd never do it but it's not a joke
I can't tell the difference when I'm all alone
Is it real or a dream, which is worse?
Can you help me?
I just wanted to go to sleep

(When I turn out the lights)
When I turn out the lights
There's no one left
Between myself and me

But when I turn out the lights
When I turn out the lights
When I turn out the lights, oh
There's no one left
Between myself and me

Julien Baker 2017 tour dates:
11/29 Knoxville, TN @ Bijou Theatre
11/30 Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
12/01 Memphis, TN @ 1884 Lounge
12/02 St. Louis, MO @ Delmar Hall +
12/07 Spokane, WA @ The Bartlett +
12/08 Seattle, WA @ Neptune Theatre +
12/09 Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theatre +
12/10 Portland, OR @ Aladdin Theater +
12/12 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore +
12/14 Los Angeles, CA @ Palace Theatre +
12/15 San Diego, CA @ The Irenic +
12/16 Phoenix, AZ @ The Crescent Ballroom +
12/18 Austin, TX @ Emo's +
12/19 Houston, TX @ The Heights Theater +
12/20 Dallas, TX @ The Kessler Theater +

+ Half Waif supports

No comments:

Post a Comment