Friday, January 3, 2020

“Wonder Years” by Patrick Martin - A Song Feature


      “Wonder Years” touches the lyrically content of Bob Seger’s “Night Moves” and the backing vocals theatrics of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Still, the song from Patrick Martin stands on its own, and it does so way up firm and high.

     Patrick Martin is based in Los Angeles, after living his early years in Wisconsin. He was brought up in Saukville, Wisconsin, and graduated from Marquette University in Milwaukee. In talking about his single, Martin stated:
  “’Wonder Years’ is one of my favorite songs I’ve ever written.  Quite simply, it’s a story about passion between two people and their ignorance to the true love that they’re experiencing.  The inspiration for this song came from a lot of relationships, summer flings, etc. that I experienced.  I tend to romanticize nostalgia, so this record is my reflecting on some of those times and wondering if what I experienced was deeper than I realized at the time.  I’m asking all the people I’ve ever had anything with, “Do You Wonder?” because if we’re both wondering, maybe we missed out on something extraordinary.  The song is certainly directed towards my first love, but the stories came from all different places.  The ‘Wonder Years’ are just those special times with special people, that no one likes to talk about, but can’t forget.”

     “Wonder Years” by Patrick Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment