Saturday, February 1, 2020

James Walker - Free Saturday (“FL&R”)

     Finding songs that can be legally downloaded is easy. The difficult task is to find legally downloadable music that we recommend. Our plan is to post at least one Free, Legal and Recommended (FL&R) song each Saturday.


      “Wild World” is a multi-textured single with elements of Folk and Electronica. The song from James Walker, featuring Judy Blank, begins with a gently played acoustic guitar accompanied by a steady, dark undertone. The contrast is effective. When the voice of James Walker enters, any thoughts of accomplishing anything beyond listening to the single evaporate. Soon, the percussion demands attention (at 0:48).

     The credits state that “Wild World” was written and performed by James Walker and Judy Blank. Still:
  The first verses of this song were the last words James wrote in his shared apartment with his ex-lover, they were wrought with frustration and a bitterness that carries over into the instrumentation, vocal delivery and lyrical choices in the song.
     “Wild World” is the third of eleven songs to be released by James Walker over the course of 2020 that document James’ experiences with turbulent relationships, old wounds, and an ever-growing longing for stability

     James Walker identifies himself as an alternative-pop artist from Brighton, UK. Judy Blank is a vocalist/songwriter from the Netherlands. “Wild World” was produced by Sam Winfield (Amber Run, BMTH) at Studio 91.

     “Wild World” (feat. Judy Blank) by James Walker


Lyrics of “Wild World” (feat. Judy Blank) by James Walker
[Verse 1: James Walker]
Pull me closer, cut me off
You’re playing Jesus,
but where’s your cross?
You’ll take me for granted
But you won’t chain me to your door

I’ve seen the wild world honey
But you ain’t seen nothing more

[Verse 2: Judy Blank]
I planted flowers
inside your chest
that grew to gardens
and took your breath,
Now bear this burden
You know I’ve been alone before

I’ve seen the wild world honey
But I ain’t keeping score

[Chorus: James Walker & Judy Blank]
You got me lost
In the wildest fields
Got ahold of my heart
Told me how to feel
You longed for a heart-shaped
String of green
But all I could give you was
Thistles & weeds

I’ve seen wild world honey
It’s right in front of me

[Verse 3: James Walker]
So uproot the roses
Untether ties
Unlock my handcuffs
Unfreeze my mind
You’ve been using my kindness
And you refuse look inside

I’ve seen the wild world honey
But you can’t open your eyes
(You got me lost in the wildest fields)
To see the wild world honey
It’s no big surprise
(You got me lost in the wildest fields)
I’ve seen the wild world honey
It’s not by your side

“Wild World” will be launched via solo European tour dates.
March 4th        Jacaranda - Liverpool, UK 
March 6th        Luna Lounge - London, UK
March 7th        De Pastorie - Winschoten, NL
March 8th        House Concert - Groningen, NL 
March 11th      De Kom Theatre  - Nieuwegein, NL 
March 14th      Ølluminati - Viborg, DK 
March 15th      House Concert - Aalborg, DK
March 16th      House Concert - Aarhus, DK
March 18th      Tonfink Kulturcafe - Lübeck, DE
March 21st      Terzo Mondo - Berlin, DE

No comments:

Post a Comment