Thursday, June 2, 2022

“Fading Out” by Pentire – A Song Feature

 

     Guitar hooks adeptly migrate into and then exit from “Fading Out” while the British accent-laden vocals sketch the anxiety-filled existence of too many young people. Pentire explains, “’Fading Out’ is an angst tale of losing control of your fragile consciousness. It’s a song that is very close to our hearts.” The subject matter is clear from the start, as the lyrics begin, "It’s 9 o’clock, you’ve lost your friends, and your phone is dead. The mirror is telling you lies, and your adolescence is beginning to show.”
 
     Pentire is based in Herefordshire, UK. The members are Jacob Beswetherick (bass), Owen Seymour (lead guitar), Jack Morgan (vocals, rhythm guitar), and Josh Blake (drums). They describe themselves as an Indie band for the post-jangle generation, telling cheap lager-soaked stories of student life, a small-town upbringing, and the innocence of youth.
 
     “Fading Out” by Pentire



Lyrics of “Fading Out” by Pentire
It’s 9 o'clock, I'm still on the floor
I see my face in my phone screen
But it's not with yours
Cause I know
You're moving on
 
You always used to say you loved me first
Now you never call
The mirror’s image says I'm not imbursed
By your love no more
It's kinda funny how you talk these days
This isn't you
You lie and say that I'm the problem now
But that isn't true
 
I'm fainter now than I was before
Was there something else in my drink?
Or have I had a little bit too much to think about recently?
And it's all your fault
 
The breaks between the songs are giving me amnesia
I can't remember what you said to me, was it last week?
There always seems to be a problem now, between me and you
It almost seems as though you're in my mind when I'm fading out
And I'm Fading out
And I'm Fading out
And I'm Fading out
And I'm
 
When I'm fading out
Come help me breathe
Oh won't you tell me something
I haven't heard before from you
Like "How's your day been?" "How's your year been?"
Cause I'm fading out
Yes I'm fading out again

No comments:

Post a Comment