Wednesday, June 8, 2022

“flowers-fire” by Kingfisher – A Song Feature

 

     The Soundcloud waveform for “flowers-fire” visually displays the sustained build of the song by Kingfisher. The amplitude of the waveform increases, until the vocally impassioned but instrumentally calm final seconds.
 
      Quoting interesting press content about the song:
  “flowers-fire” is a rose-tinted recollection of one's first great love. The song begins with a reference to some feint memory, and quickly snowballs into a grand confession of the writer's most intimate feelings on the subject. The instrumental elements mirror this increasingly perturbed stream of consciousness, beginning with a lone guitar and building to a full, passionate crescendo, mimicking the potency behind every line.
 
     While the song has several praiseworthy moments, our favorite is the entrance of the banjo and near-tribal vocals at 1:34. Kingfisher is the Limerick-based trio of Eogan “McGoo” McGrath, Edmond Keogh, and Eoin Fitzgibbons.  
 
     “flowers-fire” by Kingfisher


Lyrics of “flowers-fire” by Kingfisher
Little words you said, spring to mind
Past my bed, both entwined
 
Was I being inconsistent?
I'm sorry, I know that I want this
For all my life
 
Was it my imagination consuming?
These flowers, still blooming
But they're caught in a fire
 
Is the answer in the Phoenix,
To the question of my life?
I could be screaming hallelujah
If I could only turn back time
 
Take back all those things I said
In the tempest of a moment
But oh, my soul has gone and left me
In the depths he begs for death
 
Hallelujah,
Hallelu
 
Hallelujah,
Hallelu
 
All I am
All I'll ever be
All my distant constellations
Right in front of me.
 
See my flowers in the fire, babe
And the world is standing still
Her eyes, they wander over me
My heart it starts to fill
There must be something in the water
Am I drowning in my reign?
A feeling washes over me
I should be calling out your name
 
All I am.
All I'll ever be.
All my distant constellations
Right in front of me
 
All I am.
All I'll ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment