Saturday, April 4, 2020

Brass Phantoms - Free Saturday (“FL&R”)

     Finding songs that can be legally downloaded is easy. The difficult task is to find legally downloadable music that we recommend. Our plan is to post at least one Free, Legal and Recommended (FL&R) song each Saturday.

     “Wood Words” boasts the soaring guitars and anthemic sound that has seen Brass Phantoms have their music featured on the likes of BBC Radio 6…
     In frontman Ryan Cashell’s impactful vocals, he ponders the mentality of the creative lifestyle and how it can feel like trying to push a boulder up a hill. The supporting group backing vocals act as a reminder that despite the uphill battle, those around us are there to help with this weight and share the journey.

     The band is based in Dublin, Ireland. The members of Brass Phantoms are Greg Whelan (guitar), Ryan Cashell (vocals, bass), James Geraghty (guitar, Adam McCabe (drums), and Colleen Heavey (synth).

     “Wood Words” by Brass Phantoms


Lyrics of “Wood Words” by Brass Phantoms
Now you’re someone with the wrong way of looking back.
An open book full of nothing read front to back,
Curiosity was my mistake.
Don’t take me for my wooden word,
Leave the message underneath the fur.
Write a paragraph on your distaste.

Don’t fall for or take the hit,
There’s more in store.
Far from here the mind takes trips.

Count your blessings there’s a murmur from your front door.
Whispers quietly but I feel like you’ve heard enough.
Time to chase away the old and grey.
Flashbacks from your picture frame.
The world is spinning on its little game.
From the shadow I see your face.

Don’t fall for or take the hit,
There’s more in store.
Far from here the mind takes trips.
No one goes where I’ve grown old.
I’ll take the hit so my mind can quit.

Don’t fall for or take the hit,
There’s more in store.
Far from here the mind takes trips.
No one goes where I’ve grown old.
I’ll take the hit so my mind can quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment