Thursday, April 9, 2020

“prodromal” by Almost Always – A Song Feature


     Almost Always recently shared “prodromal,” a single that is strong throughout its four minutes, but saves the best for the final minute. They are Max Whittaker and Jake Dahm.

     “prodromal” by Almost Always


Lyrics of “prodromal” by Almost Always
If I were half as good at anything
As I am at forgetting
Maybe I wouldn't wander so far off
Or could make it more than half-way home
But I'm not half as good at anything
As sleeping off all my worries
Running like hell into the morning
Where your tomb is just a fading dream

I worried you wouldn't be waking
And the world started graying
To the pallor of your body, though
Grave linens wouldn't let me see that
Of any rise and fall of breathing
In the return of your beauty
The resurrection of a peace I'd left in
The pockets of your clothing

Only seeing gray, white and red
I was in well over my head
Repeating back to myself
"You must know this"
The echo of my own voice
A dull and colorless noise
Wondering were I in your place
Would I hear me?

But you know there's something even
Just to the asking
How when it's all been spent
We're still making noise

No comments:

Post a Comment