Sunday, May 24, 2020

“Lost in The Thick of It” by The Coronas x Gabrielle Aplin


       The venue shutdown deprived fans of opportunities to see The Coronas in various U.S. cities, including San Francisco. The positive news is that Canadian and U.S. dates have been rescheduled for late 2020. The tour dates are available at https://thecoronas.net/. The Irish band will visit The Independent in San Francisco on November 11.

      Last year, The Coronas wrote “Lost in The Thick of It” with UK-based Gabrielle Aplin. After a few months, they recorded the song at Eastcote Studios in London. It's the first duet released by The Coronas. The single is from their upcoming album “True Love Waits,” which is scheduled to drop on July 31. Regarding the song:
  “I think it’s about needing to sort your own head out before you’re able to talk to other people about things that you’re going through. Sometimes you know that there’s something wrong but you’re not sure exactly what it is yet and you’re not ready to discuss it with anyone."
  “Ironically, because it was written before all this madness, It’s almost a yearning for isolation and that’s really what it’s about to me: Sorting things out for yourself before you’re able to talk to people, even the people that you care about what’s going on, sort of apologising to people you love but you just need your space."
  
     The members of the Dublin, Ireland band are Conor Egan, Graham Knox, and Danny O'Reilly. The voices of the duet of “Lost in The Thick of It” belong to O’Reilly and Gabrielle Aplin. After the start of the song, their voices are overdubbed, turning "mere strength" into superhero capability.

     Some weeks ago, it was suggested that The Coronas tour with The Vaccines and Cure. We’re in!

     “Lost in The Thick of It” by The Coronas x Gabrielle Aplin -- Stream/download options: https://thecoronas.lnk.to/ThickofIt




Lyrics of “Lost in The Thick of It” by The Coronas x Gabrielle Aplin
I didn't need it, a sudden love
The way you walked away, it really messed me up
I tried to solve it, left it alone
Won't make it better, I could never do it all

I'm goin' for alittlebit
ButI, get lostin the thickof it
I hate to say that I'm wrong
Feels better playing along
Hoping you don't notice it when I'm
Just a bit low-spirited
I've got to face it alone

There must be nothing, you've left to prove
Turning into something that you never want to lose
I want a lawyer, give me the lawyer too
I'll say I'm guilty if it brings me back to you

I'm goin' for a little bit
But I, get lost in the thick of it sometimes
I hate to say that I'm wrong
Feels better playing along
Hoping you don't notice it when I'm
Just a bit low-spirited, and I
I've got to face it alone

Maybe we could meet up, sometime
Just a little knees-up, sometime
Walking till our feet hurt, sometime
'Cause we're only growing, now it's folding, sometime
Used to be addicted, one time
Couldn't even fake it, one time
I guess that's why we drifted, you're right
And I hope you know it's never over

I'm goin' for a little bit
But I, get lost in the thick of it sometimes
I hate to say that I'm wrong
Feels better playing along
Hoping you don't notice it when I'm
Just a bit low-spirited, and I
I've got to face it alone yeah
I'm goin' for a little bit (Just a bit low-spirited)
I hate to say that I'm wrong
Feels better playing along
Hoping you don't notice it (Just a bit low-spirited)
I've got to face it alone

No comments:

Post a Comment