Friday, July 13, 2018

“Away From The Rousing Parades” by Callum Pitt – A Song Feature

      The first 90 seconds of the single from Callum Pitt are highlighted by fingerpicking guitar supporting the lyrical painting of an intriguing setting. Then, “Away From The Rousing Parades” stages a breakout. The song unexpectedly climbs from a peacefully enchanting Indie Folk platform to a spirited Indie Americana stage.

    “Away From The Rousing Parades” is the fifth single of Callum Pitt. The track was released under the Kaleidoscope label, which shares Callum’s claim of having a hometown of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. While Callum provides the lead vocals for the single, the higher octave backing vocals play an important role in achieving the textured feel for “Away From The Rousing Parades.”

     In describing his enthusiasm for the song, Callum stated:
  “‘Away From  the  Rousing  Parades'  is  my  most  energetic  and  passionate  single  so  far,  it  considers  my  own  mortality,  and  the  process  of  working  out  what  I  value  most  in  life.  I've  spent  lots  of  time  in  the  past  comparing  myself  to  others  and  this  song  talks  about  letting  go  of  the  need  to  feel  validated  by  anyone  other  than  close  friends,  family  and  yourself,  taking  ownership  of  your  self-worth,  and  being  at  peace.  This  is  by  far  our  favourite  to  play  live  because  we  can  really  let  loose  and  give  out  instruments  a  good  bash..."

     “Away From The Rousing Parades” by Callum Pitt 

Website: http://www.callumpittmusic.co.uk/




Lyrics of “Away From The Rousing Parades” by Callum Pitt
So chalk up the minutes
Comparing the tickets
We won in these coastal arcades

You're like some distant murmur
That carries me further
Away from the rousing parades

When the sun is sinking
Into the floor the threads unwind
The questions are swimming out my mind
So slow

Well I've seen people sitting
With their teeth all gritted
And waiting the whole evening long

Slump with a sigh
After most passing by
'Cause they just want to talk to someone

There's a warm wind coming
Marching along with a big brass band
I'm waving an outstretched aching hand
So slow

Well some spend their time
Piling bricks up and climbing
Like we get out of here alive

We search for a meaning
Before disappearing
And hope that our memories survive

I don't know what's coming
To sweep up the rug from where I'm stood
And probably wouldn't if I could
Oh no

I've been dripping with sweat
Throwing long silhouettes
And not really going far at all

Like feigning a jog
With a wild pack of dogs
That are slavering after a ball

Well I don't mind losing
Only need one to hold onto
'Cause chasing a number just won't do
Oh no
[Repeat]


No comments:

Post a Comment