Saturday, October 12, 2019

Zilverbacks - Free Saturday (“FL&R”)

     Finding songs that can be legally downloaded is easy. The difficult task is to find legally downloadable music that we recommend. Our plan is to post at least one Free, Legal and Recommended (FL&R) song each Saturday.

     Zilverbacks is the project of Chris Harris, who writes, records and produces on the comfort of his bedroom. Unable to read music and with no formal musical education, within half a year, Harris has created an impressively powerful collection of evocative lyrics and eclectic sounds. The single “Real Lies” is an expressive melodic belter targeting betrayal, naïvety and disbelief.

     “Real Lies” by Zilverbacks (Available on a name-your-price basis. Tips appreciated.)


Lyrics of “Real Lies” by Zilverbacks
How long ‘til you realize
All is gone and all is futile
And there’s a way you’ve seen it all before
Felt the knife, locked the door
Thought I knew better
Thought I knew more
But there’s a way you felt I know
There’s a way you felt it I know

Better not remind me of, who I am
Better not remind me of, where I stand
But there’s a way you felt it all before

How long ‘til I realize
All your love was in disguise
As demons knocking at my door
Damn the angels deafened to cry calls
Thought you knew better
Than to fuck, fuck with my heart
There’s a way you felt it, I know
There’s a way you felt it I know

Better not mind me of, who I am
Better remind me of, where I stand

Never thought I could feel this way
Seems to me there’s meaning in the day
You never even realized, you
Sat down and washed your eyes
But there’s a way you felt it I know
There’s a way you felt I know

Better not remind me of, who I am
Better not remind me of, where I stand
There’s a way you felt it all before

Suppose I better let her go, then I’ll never really know
Suppose I better let her go, suppose I better
Suppose I better let her go

No comments:

Post a Comment