Wednesday, July 24, 2019

“Why Am I Alone” by Widespell – A Song Feature


      “Why Am I Alone” is melodically relaxing, but lyrically troubling. The vocals possess a deep resonance that would be reassuring, if the description weren’t dark and the question weren’t angst-filled.

     Widespell is the project of Nick Widener, along with the brothers who form Airpark – Ben Ford and Michael Ford, Jr. The project is based in Nashville. Widener explains:
“Originally, this was nothing more than a creative outlet for myself. Shortly after jamming on several ideas, it started pulling me into an avenue I’ve never tapped into. I then took these ideas into Eugenia Hall in Nashville where I allowed them to breathe and take shape for a single week. ‘Anyone’ was the first of the tunes to reveal itself and it became the reference point for the vibe of the EP.”

     “Why Am I Alone” by Widespell 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/widespell/

No comments:

Post a Comment