Monday, September 30, 2019

“Human Contact” by The Howl & The Hum – A Song Feature


     “Human Contact” is a hook-filled single from The Howl & The Hum. The song is powerful from every dimension. Sometimes alone and more often in combination, the percussion, guitar, and bass drive “Human Contact” with a conviction to purpose. The same is true of the vocals during the verses, while the higher pitch, more relaxed chorus chant of “human contact” provides contrast.

     The Howl & The Hum is based in York, UK. The members of the band are Sam Griffiths (vocals, guitar), Conor Hirons (guitar), Bradley Blackwell (bass), and Jack Williams (drums).

     “Human Contact” by The Howl & The Hum


Lyrics of “Human Contact” by The Howl & The Hum
On Monday night I escaped my cell
A peculiar hell I had built myself
I stumbled out into the high street rush
[All I’m craving is a human touch]

Cos I’ve been trying to get my head screwed tight
Away from people, away from life
Now I don’t know what kind of world I’m from
But it’s not this one, no it’s not this one,

All I need’s a little
Human contact [4x]

Well, I see flesh reacting, I hear skin and bone
I see bodies and bodies and fingers on phones
Digits digitizing singing knuckles on ass
I feel like I look out at the world like through glass

Until one day our eyes meet and combine
Two bodies, two hosts gracelessly intertwine
There’s something so strange about feeling alive
There’s somebody home and they’re deathly deprived of

Human contact [8x]

I see a hand reach out
I see a leg reach out
I see a limb reach out
But I know it’s nothing to die for, die for
Give me your hand reach out
Give me your hand reach out
Give me your hand reach out
To you give me something to die for?

Something to feel alive [Repeating]

No comments:

Post a Comment