“Tonight” opens with an airy guitar delivering a stadium-ready riff. The effects-laden yet remarkably clean tone immediately commands attention, establishing the first standout feature of the single from Dear Darcy. The appeal of the lead riff is amplified by masterfully layering a rhythm guitar into the arrangement with equal prominence in the mix, and soon introducing power percussion. Staying with the appreciation of guitar, a solo that begins shortly after the two-minute mark further showcases the skills of the band.
Website: https://www.deardarcymusic.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DearDarcyMusic
Lyrics of “Tonight” by Dear Darcy
That’s how it begins
Then I turn around and I fall again
Trailing into day
It’s sad everything has to end this way
To my dismay
Haunted by the words that I just couldn’t say
If we play this right
We’ll be so long gone before it’s light
Close your eyes, we’ll leave tonight
My thoughts are with you
When I’m overcome
And the day is through
And I regret
That you can’t remember what I can’t forget
If we play this right
We’ll be so long gone before it’s light
Close your eyes, we’ll leave tonight
Have I succumb?
Have I become someone I swore I’d never be?
If we play this right
We’ll be so long gone before it’s light
Close your eyes, we’ll leave tonight
Close your eyes, we’ll leave tonight
Close your eyes, believe tonight
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DearDarcyMusic
That’s how it begins
Then I turn around and I fall again
It’s sad everything has to end this way
To my dismay
Haunted by the words that I just couldn’t say
We’ll be so long gone before it’s light
Close your eyes, we’ll leave tonight
When I’m overcome
And the day is through
And I regret
That you can’t remember what I can’t forget
We’ll be so long gone before it’s light
Close your eyes, we’ll leave tonight
Have I become someone I swore I’d never be?
We’ll be so long gone before it’s light
Close your eyes, we’ll leave tonight
Close your eyes, we’ll leave tonight
Close your eyes, believe tonight

No comments:
Post a Comment