Tuesday, September 1, 2026

“Dance” by Grandmas House

     The single from Grandmas House immediately found space on three IO playlists – “Post-Punk,” “Raspy Vocals,” and “Best Indie of 2026 (So Far).” There was even a temptation to place “Dance” on the “Saxophone” playlist. It’s a song that aggressively bears a sword, but still bares its heart.
 
     “Dance” portrays loneliness and angst, while using dance as a coping mechanism even though dancing connects to the relationship that triggered the loneliness (“You used to watch me dance”). The relationship even created mental instability (“My brain, so rotten”).
 
     The track is an invigorating single from the quartet’s debut album, “Baby You’re A Winner,” which was released under Brace Yourself Records. The band is based in Bristol, UK. The members are Yasmin Berndt (lead vocals, guitar), Poppy Dodgson (backing vocals, drums), Zoe Zinsmeister (bass, backing vocals), and Polly Jessett (guitar). While not a member of the band, Morgan Wallace contributed the saxophone in “Dance.”
 
     “Dance” by Grandmas House 


Lyrics ofDance” by Grandmas House
My bed, so cold
My brain, so rotten
In the dark, I keep on falling
Can you feel it?
 
My bed, so cold
My brain, so rotten
In the dark, I keep on falling
Can you feel it?
 
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance
 
And the darkest hole is always lighter than we see
Pouring from another cup, but I heard that wasn′t me
The hundred trees that I planted in the dirt last year
Never left this place, or so I heard
 
Ever blue, I'm always blue
Heard a song reminding me of you
My head moves up and down, my eyes are glazed
My body starts to shake
 
You used to watch me dance
You used to watch me dance
You used to watch me dance
 
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance
 
In the morning, you used to watch me dance
In the darkness, you used to watch me dance
You watch, I dance
You watch me dance
You watch, I dance
You watch me dance
You watch me dance
 
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance
 
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Dance, dance, dance
(In the darkness, you used to watch me dance)

No comments:

Post a Comment