Monday, July 21, 2014

“OctaHate” by Ryn Weaver – A Song Reviw

 
     This is a guest post from Michelle MD. - Indie Obsessive welcomes Michelle and thanks her for the contribution.

     As a San Francisco South Bay Area resident, "Live 105" is the local rock radio station.  A Sunday night feature of the station is "Soundcheck" with Aaron Axelson, where local, up and coming, or Indie artists are highlighted.  A Sunday evening drive home allowed me to hear "OctaHate" by Ryn Weaver for the first time.  While it often takes several listens to get into a song, the lively background percussion and Weaver's voice caused "OctaHate" to immediately catch my attention.
     A little background research revealed that Ryn Weaver is a 21 year old based in New York and Los Angeles.  "OctaHate" is her single debut and has created a buzz since its debut last month.  The song features an impressive writer and co-producer line-up of Passion Pit's Michael Angelakos, Benny Blanco (producer for Katy Perry and Ke$ha), Cashmere Cat, and Carli XCX (Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" and "Boom Clap").
     The song begins with a catchy percussion beat that can then be heard in the background throughout the song.  Weaver's voice enters the track with a description of the heartbreaking nature of a relationship breakup. Each verse describes the feelings of the breakup, always coming back to the chorus lyrics:
I can't take it
From the day I saw my heart start breaking
Go on, save me
I can't take it, can't believe I really lost you, baby
Earth keeps shaking all around
Oh, you let me down
And I can't take it
From the day I saw my heart start breaking
Go on, save me.

      A tweet from Indie label Friends Keep Secrets shows Weaver as having signed, so hopefully we will not have to wait too long for additional singles from Weaver.
    "Octahate" by Ryn Weaver

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RynWeaver

No comments:

Post a Comment