Thursday, March 23, 2017

“I Try So Hard” by Slowlights – A Song Review

     Slowlights just fired an anthem at the Indie universe, but the message is camouflaged within artfully arranged Rock. It’s a more energetically presented, modified message from the 1969 anthem by the Rolling Stones. The song “I Try So Hard” tells us, “You can’t always get what you want; but if you open up your mind sometime, you’ll find you’ve got what you need.”

     Two features in particular stand out for us. One occurs during the chorus, when the two anguished cries of “I try so hard” alternate with the forceful guitar riff. The other occurs at the end of the instrumental bridge (around 1:47), when the song transitions from featuring the guitar to featuring percussion with a trailing off guitar. 

     “I Try So Hard” by Slowlights, a quartet from London.


Lyrics of “I Try So Hard” by Slowlights
When you want something
But you know you're not enough
When you get somewhere
But you know you're miles off

Well I said
I don't need this
Lost all feeling
Something isn't right

When you see something
And it leaves you wanting more
But I won't get drawn in
I've been down that road before

And I said
I don't need this
Feel defeated
Something deep inside

But I try so hard
I try so hard

If you open up your mind
Let a little light inside
Makes you feel like you're alive again

All the things you try to hide
Ironed out and pushed aside
Makes you feel like you're alright again

But I try so hard
I try so hard


No comments:

Post a Comment