Wednesday, December 20, 2017

“Eventually Silence” by Tuvaband – A Song Review

     Tuvaband excels in purity. The vocals in “Eventually Silence" undergo processing, but the charm, beauty and clarity remain in full display. Similarly, the quiet strength and elegance of the minimalist guitar make it is easy to visualize the vibrations of the guitar strings. 

     The lyrics of the song are penetrating. "Eventually Silence" is about the mental anguish of working through a traumatic experience. At times, the description is uncomplicated, “I can’t seem to turn off my mind.” But there are also times when the interpretation is left to the listener, “My fear is a lasting drizzle of rage eroding; what’s left, with no turning back.” According to Tuvaband:
  “'Eventually Silence’ is about the after-effects of a traumatic situation. It’s about how the situation echoes and feels more intense and closer than the experience itself. When it’s all at a distance one can see it more clearly and suddenly release how crazy it all was.”

     Tuvaband is the Norwegian/English duo of Tuva Hellum Marschhaüser and Simon Would. “Eventually Silence” is a track from their debut EP, “Mess.” 

     “Eventually Silence” by Tuvaband 

Bandcamp: https://tuvaband.bandcamp.com/album/mess

     In a description of the official video of “Eventually Silence,” Tuvaband stated:
“The music video captures the feelings and atmosphere from the song, rather than telling the story of the song. The creators behind the video, Marius Mathisrud and Oscar Juul Sørensen, knew what the song was about, but had the freedom to create their own storyline when trying to express these feelings and the right atmosphere. The video was shot in the Sierra Nevada in Spain, where we had lot's of fun, sweated loads, and slept in the open air."



Lyrics of “Eventually Silence” by Tuvaband
When there is eventually silence
The suspense is breathing
As echoes in the walls
It seems it’s time to break

My footsteps seem to be a red thread of apathy
Been following me ever since
Under the illusion of a body armor
There is marks from every day

The distance to the madness
Undresses their mind
Force me to see where my mind
Force me to see what I shut off
And I can’t seem to turn off my mind
I, I can’t seem to turn off my, my mind
And I can’t seem to turn off my mind

When there is eventually silence
The surface gets hit by frequently portions of rage
It seems we’re not familiar

I fear I’ll be wiped out by a big burst of accumulation
When I least expect it
My fear is a lasting drizzle of rage eroding
What’s left, with no turning back

The distance to the madness
Undresses the mind
Force me to see where my mind
Force me to see what I shut off
And I can’t seem to turn off my mind
And I can’t seem to turn off my mind

There was no sign of an increasing heart rate
So to show my human trait it had to rise eventually
It feels unnecessary now
Now, now when it’s all over

No comments:

Post a Comment