Monday, July 16, 2018

“Open Doors” by Awolk – A Song Feature

     “Open Doors” is tailor made for the drive to an important interview. It’s a ray of motivational optimism set to an array of energizing instrumentation. The quick-tempo piano flies in following the first occurrence of the chorus (1:14). Unexpectedly, “Open Doors” is temporarily downtempo after the second occurrence (2:29), clearing the pathway for a horn that provides contrast and increased texture.

     The message of “Open Doors” is to have the strength to push open the doors of opportunity, not allowing fear or hate to dictate the way. It is an updated, more energetic version of the 1971 Moody Blues advice “Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart, every happy ending needs to have a start.”  

     Awolk is a Canadian neo-folk singer songwriter. His self-titled debut album was released in July 2018. The ten-track album is available via the Bandcamp site: CLICK HERE. Awolk is the performance name of Jesse Thomas from Truro, Nova Scotia. For more information about Awolk and possible touring, visit the website and Facebook pages identified below the Soundcloud stream.  

     “Open Doors” by Awolk




Lyrics of “Open Doors” by Awolk
Creakin' in my head
Tell me what burns red
Tell me what glows green
Tell me, every open
Doorways when I's young
That's when I had shone
Bring me through the gate
Push on every open
Doorways in our minds
We can always find
All with strength that lies
Behind every open door

Hear me now
I need a voice to shout out
Visions have their doubts
But all good things find
All good things find their open doors

Fear is far too close
Fear will choke your growth
Fear don't break down doors
Fear hides every open
Doorway in the light
Doorways open wide
Open up your eyes
See through every shadow
Crossing through the gate
You must lose your hate
See beyond your fate to see every open door

Hear me now
I need a voice to shout out
Visions have their doubts
But all good things find
All good things find their open doors
[Repeat, with a variation in the final line]

No comments:

Post a Comment