Wednesday, October 27, 2021

“I Like You” by White Bike - A Song Feature

 

     Every aspect of “I Like You” is chameleonic. The rhythm at the start has a time signature and repetitive drive often associated with Krautrock (“motorik”). The vocals are also rhythmic, until they turn far more melodic during the chorus, which is a repetition of the song’s title. The instrumentation varies from motorik to Soft Rock to Psychedelic Rock.
 
     White Bike describes the song as a story about being young, falling in "like," and the dread of getting older. The band is based in Portland, Oregon, and comprises wife-and-husband Mirabai Carter and Nathan Trueb, along with Arianna Rose Anchustegui and Robin Levy. The credits for “I Like You” are:
   Lead Vocals: Arianna Rose Anchustegui, Nathan Trueb
   Background Vocals/Bass: Mirabai Carter
   Drums/Percussion: Robin Levy
   Guitars/Synths: Nathan Trueb, Gus Berry
 
     “I Like You” by White Bike

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/whitebikeband/
Bandcamp: https://whitebikeband.bandcamp.com/music

Lyrics of “I Like You” by White Bike
We got drunk on a Monday
And we don't care what the neighbors say
'Cause they got kids and they ask me someday
I reply they might get in my way
 
All my friends they're all runaways
Half of them might see prison someday
The other half are out diggin' graves
I could change but that might in my way
 
I like you
[Repeating]
 
I work all day and I don't get paid
I'd pay ten thousand just to hear you say
Those three words and they often fade
I could wait but I might get the way
 
I like you
[Repeating]
 
I like you
[Repeating]

No comments:

Post a Comment