Sunday, November 26, 2017

“Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas” by Quiet Slang – A Song Review

     Is it a “cover” when the second release is by a member of the original? In 2015, Beach Slang released the song “Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas.” Now, the frontman of the band heads a project called Quiet Slang. Appropriately, the project released a quieter version of the song. James Alex is supported by piano and cello.

     Regardless of whether it is a cover, we are happy that the project dropped “Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas.”



Lyrics of “Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas” by Quiet Slang
The sound of your heart
Is wired to break
Too fucked up to love
Too soft to hate

The hum of your lung
Is my favorite thing
And the air you shove out
Into my mouth

I've always felt stuck
Alone or ashamed
The gutter's too tough
The stars are too safe

I'm always that kid
Always out of place
I try to get found
I've never known how

I'm tracing the lines
On your handsome face
The scars on your arms
The shape of your veins

We are not alone
We are not mistakes
Don't whisper now
We're allowed to be loud

No comments:

Post a Comment