Thursday, May 17, 2018

“Discipline” by Beachwood Coyotes – A Song Review

     Twelve-string guitar? Wait, they didn’t become extinct when a meteor hit earth? “Discipline” doesn’t feature the twelve-string, and the song is blogworthy without the instrument. But the twelve-string acoustic guitar in the intro is an attention grabber, which is important in this era of short-attention-span listening from a swift current of seemingly endless music options.

          “Disciple” is a track from Beachwood Coyotes, a four-member band from Los Angeles. The song includes a strong bass line, drumming that appears and disappears as if it is breathing, and skillfully processed vocals (including an effective use of pauses).

       Beachwood Coyotes is Jason Nott (vocals, guitar), Drew Smith (bass), Bryan King (drums), and Yan Clermont (guitar).

     “Discipline” by Beachwood Coyotes



Lyrics of “Discipline” by Beachwood Coyotes
Responsible for my voice
But I gotta admit
Sometimes my tongue makes a choice
Under control of the gin
I want to wrap myself in death and destruction
I want to infiltrate the pain of seduction

Long enough
To see the beauty in discipline

Discipline

Now I’m 27
And I’m on my way to the club
Entry guaranteed
But the line is taking too long

I want to exercise
My right to feel nothing
I want to liberate myself
To be corrupted

Long enough
To see the beauty in discipline

Discipline

I was drunk driving my car
Then I woke up
Next to a bottle of Jose Cuervo
Red zone Aelma and Vine I was thinking
I don’t know my rights
wait…
I want to exercise my right to feel lonely

Long enough
To see the beauty in discipline

Discipline

No comments:

Post a Comment