Saturday, August 31, 2019

Canyon City and Wing Defence - Free Saturday (“FL&R”)

     Finding songs that can be legally downloaded is easy. The difficult task is to find legally downloadable music that we recommend. Our plan is to post at least one Free, Legal and Recommended (FL&R) song each Saturday.

     Canyon City is the performance name of Paul Johnson, who is in Chattanooga, Tennessee. His voice is simultaneously quieting and stirring. Fittingly, his lyrics are thoughtful and inspiring.

     “Simple” by Canyon City

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CanyonCityMusic/

Lyrics of “Simple” by Canyon City
I wish everything was simple
I wish all I had to do
Is wonder all loves unsolved riddles
Believe in you
I wish everyone was happy
I wish all I had to say
When you're the only one left standing at the dance that
It'll be ok
I wish people prayed
For heaven here today
No one needs to wait
Know no fear or hate
I wish God would write me letters
And tell me all He meant to mean
Or introduce me to love's author
When my eyes don't see
And she could take me through the lessons
And I could trade some songs I wrote
And though most the days I'd say we're just guessing
It's enough to hold
I wish people's hope
Buried deep would grow
Underneath old roads
Break green leaves through stone
I wish everything was simple
I wish everyone would stay
But if it's all a long-drawn circle
You can go away
And I might see you in a smile
And I might hear you in a laugh
I might meet you in a while
Until then, it's a simple dream we had


     In an earlier post, we praised “Cuts” by Wing Defence and provided the lyrics. If interested, the post is at CLICK HERE. The song can be downloaded via the below tripleJ site: 
https://www.triplejunearthed.com/jukebox/play/track/8537431.
Merely “click” the download arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment