Friday, May 1, 2020

“Little Ol’ Me” by Qwiet Type – A Song Feature


      Make space for “Little Ol’ Me” on that list of best songs about changing the world. Earlier this year, Spinditty assembled its selection of 71 songs (if interested, CLICK HERE). The single from Qwiet Type compares favorably with those in the listing.

     “Little Ol’ Me” is more than mere advice. The lyrics poetically identify the perceived obstacle to people making a difference, then they present the solution. The world is large; it is too difficult to implement change. There are so many people, so worrying about all of them is daunting. After all, it’s just little ol’ me. The solution? Just beyond two minutes, thirty seconds into the song, the percussion becomes powerful and tribal backing vocals enter. “Spin around” and only worry about the things you can see and feel - the things you value. Qwiet Type describes his single as a message that “the world doesn't seem too overwhelming when you just worry about your own little world.” As the song ends, the declaration is that little ol’ me can effect change.

      The instrumentation in “Little Ol’ Me” is equally praiseworthy. The percussion is commanding at times. A brass section is alluring, as is the delicate single woodwind. And the guitar adds to the artistry of the texturing.

     Qwiet Type is the performance name of solo artist and producer Matt Powell. He is based in Pensacola, Florida. His songs are often a fusion of indie, alternative, pop, funk, synth pop, experimental, electronica, new wave and even a touch of hip hop. Says Powell:
  "I love music from all genres and decades. The music from my past and the music I love today seem to be coming out of me in such a blended way that I can't explain. I am not copying anyone, I am just releasing the music that's in my head on to my recordings the best I can."

     Qwiet Type will be releasing a new single every few weeks that will all be a part of his first solo artist album, so keep an eye/ear out!!

     “Little Ol’ Me” by Qwiet Type 


No comments:

Post a Comment