Sunday, July 3, 2016

“Frosty” by Planet – A Song Review

     In both 1988 and 2016, a band based in Sydney, Australia released music with an attractive blend of acoustic and jangly electric guitars. In 1988, it was Church and its hit “Under the Milky Way.” In 2016, Planet has dropped a number of songs. We most strongly recommend “Frosty,” but “Undermine” may be the best of the acoustic/electric guitar blends.
      The guitar at the 2:51 mark of “Frosty” enters as the vocals depart, providing the standout feature of the song. Planet is formed of Matty Took (acoustic guitar, lead vocals), Tom Peppitt (lead guitar, backup vocals), Lachie Cross (rhythm guitar, backup vocals), Harry Stewart-Weeks (drums) and Gabe Weaver (bass). 

     “Frosty” by Planet


Lyrics of “Frosty” by Planet
I'm taking over the rein
I can tell that I'm borderline insane
But have you ever wondered what's sleeping past the brigade
It's taking over again

It's taking over I can't even wait for tomorrow
She is pressing softly but I know it won't last for forever

While I'm sleeping
I'm still feeling out my pain
But the feeling it's coming for me again
But if you ever found out
How you turn my heart to sand
I’m starting over again as planned

It's taking over I can't even wait for tomorrow
She is pressing softly but I know it won’t last for forever
She is taking over I can't even wait for tomorrow
She is pressing softly but I know it won’t last for forever

     “Under the Milky Way" by Church

No comments:

Post a Comment