Sunday, March 13, 2022

“The Funhouse” by Francis of Delirium - A Song Feature

 

     If you’re looking for a humble-brag opportunity to someday tell friends that you saw a band while they were opening for other bands, a strong candidate is Francis of Delirium. The driving force is Jana Bahrich, who only recently left her teen years. Her lyrics are intelligent and socially aware. Francis of Delirium is touring in support of The Districts.
 
    The most recent release of Francis of Delirium is “The Funhouse.” Speaking about the single, Bahrich said: “’The Funhouse’ is largely about how we are adapting to the chaos that is present in our everyday lives. The way it can feel that the world is crashing down around us and in order to protect ourselves, we become numb to the sheer terror of it all.  Sort of like walking through a funhouse and attempting to remain unphased by the mayhem that surrounds you.”
 
     Bahrich does not limit her artistic skills to Francis of Delirium. She paints, graffities, animates, and practices Claymation. Selfishly, we would prefer she channel her talents into her music. The video of “The Funhouse” is self-directed and is intended to portray the absurd mix of panic and apathy that derives from the chaos of today’s everyday living.
 
     Jana Bahrich is from Vancouver, Canada. A few years ago, she invited drummer/producer, Chris Hewett to work with her. Hewett is from Seattle, Washington. But Francis of Delirium is now based in Luxembourg. The tour schedule of Francis of Delirium is included at the bottom of this post.  

     “The Funhouse” by Francis of Delirium




Lyrics of “The Funhouse by Francis of Delirium
This isn’t a call to arms
This is a breakdown, a falling apart
This is the acceptance of sin
This is the lamb, I’m feeding him
Am I bleeding over, my lungs spilled under
I don’t know how this one ends
I don’t know how this one ends
 
There’s a dog on it’s hind legs
Screaming out “baby I’m outside, baby I’m outside”
There’s a place that it takes you
To do it’s best to break you
You can’t fight, baby I can’t fight
I’m a free floating body with your skin slipping off my
And your life flying at me but I know that I’m all alone
I don’t need you to take me home
I’ll beg and beg and break this all off
 
I don’t know what’s left to believe (I can’t believe, believe)
I don’t know what’s left to believe in (I can’t believe, believe)
I don’t know what’s left to believe (I can’t believe, believe)
I don’t know what’s left to believe in (I can’t believe, believe)
 
You’re doing everything that you can
To keep your hands off of your head
And your whole body’s flying
You think that you might have gone limp
I don’t know what I did
My legs give out and drag you right into my life
But i don’t want you to die
My arms fly out and i feel like you just might
Wanna give this a try
 
So your lungs fill with lead
So consumed by this feeling of dread
And your skin cant fill out
It folds and sinks into the ground
And the sky turns red
You’re bleeding now from the bottom of your feet and hands
And they put you up on a pole
Now you’re crying cause you can’t let go
As your body sinks into the ground
And your hands are getting tied and bound
You’re giving up I’m giving out
 
 
I don’t know what’s left to believe (I can’t believe, believe)
I don’t know what’s left to believe in (I can’t believe, believe)
I don’t know what’s left to believe (I can’t believe, believe)
I don’t know what’s left to believe in (I can’t believe, believe)
 
It’s haunting
Pale skin
Solid ground
Slow it down
Slow it down….

Francis of Delirium Tour
03/15 - Metro, Chicago, IL **
03/16 - Turf Club, Saint Paul, MN **
03/18 - Bluebird Theatre, Denver, CO **
03/19 - Kilby Court, Salt Lake City, UT **
03/21 - Neumos, Seattle, WA **
03/22 - Doug Fir Lounge, Portland, OR ** 
03/25 - August Hall, San Francisco, CA **
03/26 - Lodge Room, LA, CA **
03/27 - Casbah Rock, San Diego, CA ** 
03/29 - Valley Bar, Phoenix, AZ **
03/30 - MW Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM **
04/01 - Dada Dallas, Dallas, TX **
04/02 - Mohawk, Austin, TX **
04/03 - Warehouse Live, Houston, TX ** 
04/08 - Horseshoe Tavern, Toronto, ON **
04/09 - Bar Le Ritz, Montreal, QC **
04/10 - The Sinclair, Cambridge, MA ** 
04/12 - Space Ballroom, Hamden, CT **
04/13 - 9:30 Club, Washington, DC **
04/14 - Warsaw, Brooklyn, NY **
04/27 - Baby’s All Right, Brooklyn, NY
   
** Supporting The Districts

No comments:

Post a Comment