Monday, February 17, 2020

“Change” by Treeskin – A Song Feature


     “Change” shows the power of a guitar hook. The rhythm-driven song from Treeskin has other strengths, but it is the reappearing hook that is first heard at 0:17 that possesses the magnetic attraction to pull us back to the single off the album “Learning.”  It has a Robert Smith (The Cure) quality, but the hook stands on its own.

     Treeskin is the project of Michael Dause, a multi-instrumentalist in Detroit, Michigan. As shown in the official video, he provides all of the instrumentation. The credits on Bandcamp identify Hunter Wright as contributing vocals to "Change," but we aren’t clear whether it’s merely the sentence that functions as an intro.

     “Change” by Treeskin





Lyrics of “Change” by Treeskin
Umm. This will end with a story, somewhere

What you want and what you need are two very different things
They don't go together
And all this time that you've been waiting for something here to change
It'll never change

Stay inside, close the windows, and try to make a thing
It falls into pieces
Get back up, start again, and make yourself believe that you believe

I don't want to get caught up in the fact that it's been two hours, you haven't called me back yet
I don't want to get caught up in the fact that it's been two hours, you haven't called me back, man
I don't want to get caught up in the fact that it's been two hours, you haven't called me back yet
I don't want to get caught up in the fact that it's been two hours, you haven't called me back, man
I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna make this my thing
I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna make this my thing

If I'm frank, and if I'm honest, I don't really want to change
Too much to bother
What I want is for you to see me for exactly who I am
And give me love

I don't want to get caught up in it
I don't want to get caught up

No comments:

Post a Comment