Sunday, April 10, 2016

“Back to Where I Begun” by Motions – A Song Review

     Watching the ocean of Indie music, we’re hoping the distant incoming wave is Blues-infused Indie Rock. Traditionally, Indie Obsessive is not a follower of Blues. But lately, there are exciting artists opening eyes. The Record Company is a band based in Los Angeles. Kaleo is an Icelandic band that recently relocated to Austin, Texas. Even Moon Taxi, a Southern Rock band in Nashville, performs a Blues-infused song during concerts.
    “Back to Where I Begun” by Motions is not traditional Blues, since it doesn’t rely on lyrical repetition. Instead, the beginning of the song is Rock wrapped in a Blues-colored casing, with the intermittent reliance on a bass line and a somber view of a present reality. At times, “Back to Where I Begun” sheds the casing. The best example is at the 2:23 mark, when the guitars push forward and the genre undeniably becomes Rock.

     “Back to Where I Begun” is the first release from Motions, so there is reason to be excited. Motions are instrumentally strong and vocally even stronger. Lyrically, the songwriting is thoughtful and thought provoking.
     Motions are a duo based in Dublin, Ireland. The members are Tom Daly and Dave Nulty. 

     “Back to Where I Begun” by Motions

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    Roses & Revolutions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.
    NYC keratin treatment

    ReplyDelete