Friday, April 29, 2016

“Sick of Me Too” by Kennedy Cult

    The ‘80s music persona has been kidnapped, but is in good health in Peterborough, Canada. That’s where Kennedy Cult is holed up. We recently discovered the 2015 release “Sick of Me Too.” The voice inflections, the saxophone – yes, the 1980s are alive and productive.
     Our favorite aspect of “Sick of Me Too”? It occurs around the 2:46 mark, when the song seemingly ends, rebounds with an isolated note from the saxophone, and then reengages.  

     The members of the Kennedy Cult are Ryan Kennedy (vocals), Jeremy Boyd (bass, vocals, synths), Shawn Bradley (production, sax, synth), and Curtis Jackson (drums).
     “Sick of Me Too” by Kennedy Cult

Website: http://www.kennedycult.com/

Lyrics of “Sick of Me Too”
Gave up cigarettes
Except on holidays
I still court the death
When I ride the waves

Everybody look at me
I know why you do
I’m sick of me too

Gave up heroin
Except on Sundays
I fake my religion
For the party that runs me

Everybody look at me
I know why you do
I’m sick of me too
[Repeat]

When you make up celebrity
You pay at the door
You don’t get your money back
They just ask you for more

Everybody look at me
I know why you do
I’m sick of me too
[Repeat]

1 comment:

  1. It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing.
    Roses & Revolutions

    ReplyDelete