Monday, October 7, 2019

“thnk u” by frogi - A Song Feature

     The song is attractive for its lyrics, vocal layering, and brilliant contrast. Like the spelling of the song’s title, “thnk u” is instrumentally minimalist. The percussion becomes more forceful in the final minute, but remains rhythmically sparse. In comparison, the vocals are layered and lush. The elegance of the vocals continues through the expression of “gratitude” – “Thank you for fucking me up, cause if it wasn’t for you I’d never have to fight to get back up.”
    
      Is “thnk u” an expression of sarcasm or actual gratitude for forcing growth? It’s subject to interpretation, but we side with actual gratitude, since the lyrics admit there was mutual fault – “I know that I hurt, I really hurt you.”

    “thnk u” by frogi --  Frogi is an LA-based songwriter, vocalist and producer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment