Thursday, September 10, 2015

Visiting Some Old Friends - Hayden Calnin and The Eastern Sea

     The songs in this post are recent releases by artists who were praised by Indie Obsessive in the past.
     Hayden Calnin is a singer/songwriter in Melbourne, Australia. His music was featured while we were traveling through our Bon Iver phase. In “White Night,” Calnin continues to show touches of the Bon Iver sound, but the song is slightly more electronic and less Folk. We like the change.
     "White Night"

Website: http://www.haydencalninmusic.com/

Lyrics of “White Night”
White night, white night I left you
One time, one time I knew you
Now I, now I draw lines through
Through you, can’t help but hate you.

Yeah I'm coming out of my cave to find truth,
Yeah I'm summing up my time in my young youth,
And I'm picking up the pace of the thrill,
I'm listening to the emptiness I feel, I feel.          

Then we fall to the deep, I've lost all my grip on you
We've been wrong all along, you know gravity pulls us in
To crawl while we're weak, a shit place to be in love
Was all that we knew, but the truth it holds us in

White night, white night I left you,
One time, one time I knew you.

And I'm waiting for the light to bathe me
And I'm waiting for the pain to phase me
And I'm drinking like it's Drew-boy’s birthday
And I'm stoned off those pills you gave me.

And now I'm living on the edge of the sea
Taking girls home that I think are pretty
I'm not good at being alone,
I'm not good at being alone...

Then we fall to the deep, I've lost all my grip on you
We've been wrong all along, you know gravity pulls us in
To crawl while we're weak, a shit place to be in love
Was all that we knew but you fucked up and I'd gone.

White night, white night I left you
Now I, can't help but hate you...

     The Eastern Sea is a trumpet-wielding band from Austin, Texas. The band is preparing for a ten-track record release on November 13. The title is “The Witness” and can be pre-ordered at their Bandcamp location (CLICK HERE). The Eastern Sea is generously offering four of the songs through Noisetrade (tips appreciated). The Noisetrade offer is embedded below. 
     The members of The Eastern Sea are Matthew Philip Hines, Tomas Garcia-Olano, Kevin Thomas, Kurt Lammers and Andy Beaudoin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment